Floyd Mayweather’s return to be exhibition match
Floyd Mayweather’s New Year’s Eve bout with Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa will have no consequences towards either fighters record as the judges will not be needed for this one, literally.
The nine-minute bout will have no official winner or loser if it goes the full duration and is meant as pure entertainment.
The contest will take place at the Saitama Prefecture Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, will part of Rizin’s year-end show.
The rules for the bout are as follows –
- three rounds, each with a duration of three minutes
- boxing rules only, no kicking, elbows or takedowns
- both fighters will wear 8 oz MMA gloves
- the weight will be welterweight, 147 lbs.
- no judges
- despite being full contact the result will not appear on either fighters professional record
More information as it comes forward.