Random notes from the weekend
– – Sacramento, CA featherweight Guy Robb defeated Edwin Solis in the co-main event of Top Rank card in Southern California broadcast on tape delay on UniMas. Vacaville, CA light heavyweight Ryan Bourland was not as fortunate as he lost to Israel Duffus via first round knockout on the same card. Modesto, CA’s Rodney Hernandez defeated heavyweight Brice Ritani Coe via split decision.
– Friday night on an obscure Spanish language channel, Romulo Kosiacha knocked out Guillermo Avila in the featherweight division. Though neither fighter will probably reach the top of the sport, this could foreshadow Koasicha coming in as the opponent for an upcoming featherweight prospect.
– After defeating Omar Soto in a rematch, Brian Viloria used the main event platform on UniMas card to call out lineal flyweight champion, Roman Gonzalez. The bout is rumored to happen on the undercard of Gennady Golovkin-David Lemieux pay-per-view card on October 17th in New York City, New York.
– WBO #6 super flyweight Cesar Juarez upset Juan Carlos “Zurdito” Sanchez in a fairly fun and wild 12 round decision win in Mexico. Sanchez was knocked out of the ring onto the concrete in the 12th round as the fight was allowed to continue.
– Sergey Kovalev is very polite for being cold blooded in the ring